Nigella creates a lovely fresh, healthy breakfast treat in her avocado toast recipe. It's simple, tasty and good for you - a perfect start to the day!
Here's our own version of Nigella's avocado toast recipe.
Pickling your radishes
- Prepare your radishes by cutting any beards away. bepending on the raishes you have either cut into slices 2-3 mm thick or chop length ways into 6-8 pieces each. Place your radishes in a tub or bowl large enough to allow them to be completely submerged in the pickling liquid.
- In a saucepan add your water, rice vinegar, salt sugar and peppercorns, and bring to the boil. Stir the ingredients until boiling and the salt and sugar have completely dissolved.
- Pour your pickling liquid over your radishes so that they are completely covered. Leave them to cool before placing in the fridge over night.
Making your avocado toast
- Remove the flesh from your avocado and place it in a mixing bowl and roughly mash it with a fork.
- Add a pinch of salt, your cayenne pepper, paprika, lemon juice and chopped parsley.
- Mix everything together and taste. Add more lemon juice, salt, cayenne pepper or paprika as required (everyone is different!).
- Toast your bread and spread your avocado mixture over the top.
- Top finish, we love to grate a little lemon zest over the top.